Destination DC (DDC) has launched its 2023 DEI Business Fellowship, which highlights small businesses from historically underrepresented communities, including people of color, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, women and disabled persons. Learn more about the program and see a full list of 2023 fellows on washington.org.
As we focus on rebounding, overseas visitation remains one of the most important factors pertaining to economic development. Make sure to register for Global Marketplace on Jan. 18 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, where you will:
- Learn about the impact of international markets and the tourism recovery forecast
- Hear from our teams based in the UK, India, Australia and China
Elliott L. Ferguson, II
President & CEO
Happy New Year from Destination DC
Watch the video below and imagine the possibilities for 2023.
Global Marketplace | Jan. 18, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Join DDC for the return of Global Marketplace, a signature seminar about international tourism and travel to Washington, DC. It is highly encouraged for sales and marketing professionals managing international markets and revenue.
Where: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
Member Open House | Feb. 8, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Join DDC for our annual Member Open House. Welcome back to our offices for a homecoming meet and greet with the team to learn about the sales, marketing and tourism efforts to sell Washington, DC.
When: Choose among four sessions based on availability:
- 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- 4-6 p.m
Where: DDC Office, 901 7th Street NW
Member Volleyball Tournament | Feb. 17, 4-7:30 p.m.
The DDC Member Volleyball Tournament returns for its sixth year. Register as a team or as an individual player for fun, food and friendly competition on the Capitol Hill Volleyball Classic court. Proceeds will benefit the American Experience Foundation.
Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Stay in the Loop with Industry Buzz
Find out what's happening in the Washington, DC tourism and hospitality industry.
The National Cherry Blossom Festival invites hotels to participate in the 2023 Festival season as a blooming place to stay in the Washington, DC area from March 20 to April 16.
The Washington, DC Auto Show will feature hundreds of new vehicles from the world’s top manufacturers. Notable displays include an Edutainment stage, the return of the EV pavilion, indoor and outdoor test drives and much more.
Hotel Zena and Viceroy Washington DC have been named #2 and #3 Best Hotels by Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards 2022. Host your next program or event with us. Our hotels are located in Downtown and Logan Circle, steps away from some of DC's best attractions.
- The Tourism Recovery District legislation’s potential economic impact on visitation and the city led to coverage on WUSA9 and DCist/WAMU.
- DDC completed the organization’s FY22 Spring/Summer ROI Study in December. The campaign resulted in:
- A record $3.08 in taxes for every $1 spent on advertising
- $41.21 in visitor spending for every $1 spent on advertising
- $175.1 million in total incremental spending was generated for DC
The team tracked over 38 presentations, virtual client sales calls and in-person meetings in December.
- Holiday Cocktail Mixing Event (Dec. 1, Washington, DC)
- CVB Reps Holiday Celebration (Dec. 14, Washington, DC)
- AbleMaxx & Global DMC Partners Showcase & Client Event (Dec. 5-7, Wembley and London, United Kingdom)
DDC's tourism team continues to host clients from around the world to highlight travel to DC. This month, the team is welcoming our international sales and PR teams back to Washington, DC with the return of Global Marketplace. Our international sales team is also traveling to India for a sales and media mission.
What are visitors asking about?
- What are my options for accessible parking in DC?
- When are the cherry blossoms expected to peak?
- What springtime activities do you recommend?
Make sure to use #ExperienceDC
Industry Social Channels: @DestinationDC
Leisure Social Channels: @visitwashingtondc