Looking for a place to celebrate Independence Day? Destination DC’s annual celebration and fundraiser provides an incredible view of the fireworks and supports the American Experience Foundation (AEF). Here are the details:
- Buy a ticket if you haven’t already
- Location: Potomac View Terrace at American Pharmacists Association, 2215 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Time: 7-10 p.m.
- Why you should attend:
- Your ticket supports AEF, which connects students to career opportunities in the hospitality industry
- Great food, drinks and music
- Fireworks show from a private rooftop with beautiful views of the National Mall
Washington, DC hosted another successful Capital Pride celebration this past weekend. The District is incredibly proud to welcome World Pride in 2025, which allows us to showcase our LGBTQ+ community and the diversity of our wonderful city on a global stage.
Elliott L. Ferguson, II
President & CEO
Save the Date: Marketing Outlook Meeting | Aug. 29, 8-11 a.m.
Attend to learn all about DDC’s sales and marketing efforts in the year ahead, hotel data from STR and more. Enjoy breakfast and networking with 500+ industry leaders and professionals before the presentations.
Where: Warner Theatre
The DDC membership team welcomed Carlie and Casey. Tadj and Halia joined the Tourism, Sports & Visitor Experience team. Congratulations to multiple team members on recent promotions.
Share Your B-Roll and Visual Assets With Us
Help us discover quality content from your business by uploading photography and vertical and horizontal video footage. Content may be used in marketing to promote Washington, DC. Please do not include low-res photography or images with graphics or text.
Nationals Park has 300,000 feet of indoor and outdoor space that can be customized to suit your needs. Our team of experts will ensure your event is flawlessly executed, while you enjoy the beautiful Capitol Riverfront.
America’s food and music festival takes over Pennsylvania Avenue with all things barbecue. Experience two days of free food samples, multiple music stages, amazing exhibits and world-class contests.
- Earned media: The economic impact of tourism last year is highlighted across local news outlets including NBC4. DC Loves Buses Day is featured in Bus & Motorcoach. The UK’S Travel Weekly highlights the top 5 things to see in DC.
Influencers & Journalists Visit DC During Capital Pride: DDC hosted six LGBTQ+ influencers during Capital Pride (June 9-11) to support the annual event and drive awareness for World Pride 2025 in DC, reaching more than 250,000 combined followers. In addition to attending Capital Pride events the group stayed at Lyle in Dupont Circle, dined at a variety of member and LGBTQ+-owned restaurants, enjoyed a Georgetown tour with Fiat Luxe Tours, went to Swingers in Dupont Circle and experienced Drag Brunch at Officina at the Wharf. DDC's creative services team captured content for advertising during the visit. Additionally, the team hosted seven journalists during the celebration (six from the United Kingdom, one from Australia).
- Out-of-Home Advertising Extended: DDC's out-of-home advertising in Philadelphia's 30th Street Station, initially to end on May 28, has been extended to July 2. Also during the extension, DDC will have advertising featured at 10 bus shelters throughout the city, which extends the brand's footprint and gives DC an even stronger presence in one of its most important domestic markets.
- The social media team showcased the National Museum of Asian Art for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and the museum’s centennial. DDC also celebrated #InternationalMuseumDay by highlighting free museums. Industry channels featured DC Central Kitchen volunteers, advertising takeover at Philadelphia’s 30th Street Train Station and Pride party at IPW.
In May, the team tracked over 50 presentations, virtual client sales calls and in-person meetings.
- HelmsBriscoe Annual Business Conference (May 2-5, Denver, CO)
- Meeting Professionals International Northern California Chapter Annual Conference and Expo & Seattle Sales Mission (May 15-19, San Francisco, CA & Seattle, WA)
- Distinctly DC Unique Venue Fam (May 16, Washington, DC)
- Boston and Philadelphia Sales Mission (May 22-23, Boston, MA & Philadelphia, PA)
- IMEX Frankfurt and ICCA Association Expert Seminar (May 20-25, Frankfurt, Germany)
DDC’s tourism team continues to host and attend events for tour operators and travel buyers from around the world to highlight the benefits of visiting DC. This month, DDC is partnering with ITA Airways, Brand USA and United Airlines on welcoming travel agents from Italy, France, Australia and New Zealand. Also, the visitor experience team will host a welcome center take-over event in Delaware.
What are visitors asking about?
- Can you recommend a private tour?
- Where can I find information about DC JazzFest?
- Which museums are good for toddlers?
Make sure to use #ExperienceDC
Industry Social Channels: @DestinationDC
Leisure Social Channels: @visitwashingtondc