Looking for Talent This Summer? Consider a Career Ready Intern!
Help the American Experience Foundation create memorable opportunities for students as they seek to gain firsthand experiences in the hospitality career field this summer AND gain entry-level talent over the summer all at no cost to your company!
Register here as a host employer by Feb. 28, 2022.
- Who? High school juniors and seniors studying Hospitality and Tourism, Culinary Arts, Mass Media and Communications and Information Technology (IT)
- When? 20-25 hours per week for 6 weeks; June 27-August 5, 2022
- What? Open to in-person, hybrid and remote internship opportunities
- How? No cost to the employer; interns are paid by the DC government
- Why? Help students gain valuable career skills and get to know your future colleagues
In addition, the American Experience Foundation provides host employer support through additional engagement opportunities for students including field trips, networking events and mentorship opportunities for students.
Your partnership makes the difference to showcase the limitless possibilities that are available to students after graduation and to help build their career skills.
Here is what a 2021 Career Ready Internship partner had to say about their experience,
“I have been partnering with AEF for many years now and I can honestly say that I am always amazed by the exceptional students and what they bring to the table. While it is certainly wonderful to share my love of the industry with students, the real reward is experiencing firsthand their enthusiasm for the future.”- Lori Chalk, Owner, Events by Chalk
Other Ways You Can Support Interns!
Not sure you have the capacity to take on an intern this summer? There are other ways to support interns and help build additional skills! Lead a 30-minute career skills workshop or welcome interns to your business for a site visit and tour.
Contact Lisa@americanexperiencefoundation.org for more information or with questions.