Destination DC (DDC) is so excited to celebrate travel with you tomorrow, along with Mayor Bowser, U.S. Travel Association, the DowntownDC BID and other partners. Here are key details for the Travel Rally:
- Register if you haven’t already
- Location: Franklin Park (West Lawn), 1332 I Street NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Time: 8:30-10 a.m.
- Why you should attend:
- Hear about the state of tourism and the importance of visitors to DC’s economy
- We’ll detail how DDC will aggressively compete to grow domestic and international market share
- Local and national leaders will provide insights about tourism efforts
- Rayshun LaMarr, a Washington Performing Arts talent and semi-finalist from NBC's The Voice
- Extraordinary Entertainment's DJ Q, who just played the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Accessibility: An American Sign Language interpreter will translate
In addition to National Travel and Tourism Week, we’re in the midst of Passport DC presented by Events DC, which hosts its European Union Open House this Saturday and the Fiesta Asia Street Fair on May 20. We’ll be cheering on the DC Defenders in the XFL Championship Game this Saturday. Mother’s Day is also this Sunday and there are plenty of ways to celebrate the holiday in DC. And we look forward to ending the month with another iconic DC Memorial Day. Check out more summer content on washington.org.
Elliott L. Ferguson, II
President & CEO
Member Social at Lost Generation Brewing Company | June 6, 5-7 p.m.
Join DDC for a summer night of networking, beer tasting and food.
Where: Lost Generation Brewing Company
July 4th VIP Celebration | July 4, 7-10 p.m.
Celebrate with DDC and enjoy great food, drinks and music while experiencing DC's spectacular fireworks show on a private rooftop.
Where: American Pharmacists Association Building
Save the Date: Marketing Outlook Meeting 2023
Join DDC's Marketing Outlook Meeting to receive the latest industry updates and forecasts. Enjoy breakfast and networking with 500+ industry leaders and professionals, followed by a presentation by DDC President & CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II and additional guest speakers.
When: Aug. 29
Where: Warner Theater
Enjoy downtown-to-downtown service, free Wi-Fi and spacious seating. Book in advance and save on Northeast travel today.
America’s food and music festival takes over Pennsylvania Avenue with all things barbecue. Experience two days of free food samples, multiple music stages, amazing exhibits and world-class contests.
PIXELBLOOM: Timeless Butterflies invites you to step into a virtual world of cherry blossoms, discovering the ephemeral beauty of butterflies and the thrilling exuberance of nature.
- Earned media: Several DC neighborhoods are featured in the Irish Daily Star. The Marriott Sorenson Center for Hospitality at Howard University ribbon cutting was featured on the cover of USAE, along with DDC’s Operation Cherry Pie event. WJLA covered the Tourism Recovery District legislation as part of Mayor Muriel Bowser’s comeback plan.
- DDC’s content marketing strategy for summer leans heavily on three-day holiday weekends and only-in-DC festivals. The team is inspiring potential visitors with a variety of content, including things to do for Mother's Day, ways to celebrate Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Labor Day, free things to do and can't-miss events, among others.
- The social media team showcased the highly anticipated return of Jazz in the Garden at the National Gallery of Art, the latest exhibit at the National Museum of African American History and Culture and Earth Day. DDC proudly celebrated 30 under 30 star Jerry Joseph and the company’s latest Employee of the Quarter, Kelly Fitzpatrick. Recaps covered DDC’s Operation Cherry Pie DMV and Speed Networking event.
- Share your b-roll and visual assets with us via the Member Asset Uploader. Help us discover quality content from your business by uploading photography and vertical and horizontal video footage. Content may be used in marketing to promote Washington, DC. Please do not include low-res photography or images with graphics or text.
In April, the team tracked over 43 presentations, virtual client sales calls and in-person meetings.
- International Business Events Council Global Pulse Check (April 6, Virtual)
- Operation Cherry Pie Client Event (April 12, Tysons, VA; North Bethesda, MD; Downtown, Washington, DC)
- Meeting Professionals International Greater New York Chapter / Financial & Insurance Conference Professionals Executive Leadership Summit (April 13-14, New York City, NY)
- Simpleview Summit (April 24-26, Houston, TX)
DDC’s tourism team continues to host and attend events for tour operators and travel buyers from around the world to highlight the benefits of visiting DC. This month, DDC celebrates the motorcoach drivers on DC Loves Buses Day. The team is also attending IPW, one of the largest inbound travel trade shows to promote the city and negotiate future business.
What are visitors asking about?
- How do I get to and from the airport?
- What scooter rental and other mobility companies do you recommend?
- What hotels and restaurants are close to the National Mall?
Make sure to use #ExperienceDC
Industry Social Channels: @DestinationDC
Leisure Social Channels: @visitwashingtondc